FAQ: Mutual Funds
- What are the differences between closed- and open-ended mutual funds?
- How do I buy and sell open-end fund units?
- How are the shares valued?
- How are the units valued?
- What are the costs associated with owning open-end units?
- What are the income tax aspects of owning open-end fund units in a taxable account?
- Can I reinvest my dividends in additional shares of the open-end fund?
- How do I buy and sell closed-end fund shares?
- What are the costs associated with owning closed-end shares?
- What are the income tax aspects of owning closed-end fund shares?
- Can I reinvest my dividends in additional shares of the closed-end fund?
- How do I decide which mutual fund to buy?
- Are there other criteria I should consider when deciding which mutual fund to buy?
- Is a mutual fund's past performance a reliable guide for estimating future returns?
- What are the different mutual fund structures?
- What are the different mutual fund categories?
- What are the differences between passive and active mutual funds?
- What are some additional resources for mutual funds?
Tweets by @InvestingForMe
Follow Us |
How to Get Started:
Financial Planning & Budget:
Tools & Calculators:
- Net Worth Calculator
- Household Budget
- Education Expense Budget
- Loan Consolidation
- Mortgage Calculator
- Family Inventory