Back To Preferred
Preferred Share Description
ECN Capital Corporation (ECN.PR.C) **New Issue**
6.25% Cumulative, Redeemable, Fixed Minimum Rate-Reset Series C preferred shares
Prospectus - May 17, 2017
DBRS Credit Update: June 8, 2017 - DBRS has today confirmed the ratings of ECN Capital Corp., including the Company’s BBB (low) Issuer Rating. The trend on all ratings is Stable. Today’s rating action follows the Company’s announcement that ECN has agreed to acquire Boca Raton, FL-based Service Finance Holdings, LLC for approximately USD 304 million in cash. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval. The transaction is expected to close in 3Q17.
- DBRS Rating
- Pfd-3(low) Stable Trend
- DBRS Rating Date
- Shares Issued
- Issued Date
- Shares O/S
- O/S Date
- $1.5625 per share per year
- Dividend Dates
- Payable quarterly on the last day of March, June, September and December
- Dividend Details
- The dividend rate is fixed until June 30, 2017. On June 30, 2017 and on June 30th every 5-years thereafter, the dividend rate will be reset and fixed to equal to the 5-Year Government of Canada Bond Yield (“GCAN5YR”) plus 5.19%, provided that, in any event, the share's dividend rate will not be less than 6.25%.
- The shares are not redeemable by the company prior to June 30, 2022. On June 30, 2022 and on June 30th every 5-years thereafter, the company can redeem the shares at $25.00 per share.
- On June 30, 2022 and on June 30th every five years thereafter, the holders of Series C Preferred Shares will have the option to convert any or all of their shares into an equal number of Cumulative Floating Rate Preferred Shares, Series D. The Series D Floating-rate shares will calculate and pay a dividend quarterly equal to sum of the 3-month Canadian Treasury Bill Rate plus 5.19%. In addition, on June 30, 2027 and on June 30th every five years thereafter, the holders of Floating-Rate, Series D Preferred Shares will have the option to convert any or all of their shares into an equal number of Cumulative Fixed Minimum Rate Reset Series C Preferred Shares. The Floating-Rate Series B shares are redeemable on December 31, 2026 and on December 31st every 5-years thereafter at $25.00 per share. On any other date that is not a Series B Redemption Date after December 31, 2021, the Corporation may redeem the Floating-Rate Series B Preferred Shares in whole or in part by the payment of $25.50 for each share to be redeemed.
- Lead Underwriter(s)
- BMO Capital Markets, CIBC Capital Markets, National Bank Financial Inc., RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities Inc.
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan
- Not available to preferred shareholders
- Last Updated