Registered Financial Planners (RFP)
In Canada, the Registered Financial Planner (RFP) designation is administered by The Institute of Advanced Financial Planners.
From their website:
About the Institute
- The Institute of Advanced Financial Planners™ is committed to the ongoing development and promotion of the Institute’s professional designation, the R.F.P.® (Registered Financial Planner™).
- R.F.P.s have demonstrated their competency and ability to apply their acquired knowledge in the completion of a comprehensive financial plan, through experience and examination.
- R.F.P.s must have an ongoing commitment to maintaining this competency and are regularly and primarily engaged in providing comprehensive financial planning to their clients.
- R.F.P.s must agree to abide by a Code of Professional Ethics, Professional Practice Standards, maintain Continuing Education Requirements and be subject to Peer Reviews.
The Institute is also committed to providing Symposia and other educational offerings on subjects related to advanced financial planning.
- To promote the profession of financial planning by setting a standard of excellence in the competency and practice of personal financial planning, for those financial planners who aspire to achieve such excellence.
- To provide the premiere forum to encourage the development and exchange of advanced financial planning knowledge amongst our members.
- To provide a level of assurance to the general public when seeking advisors dedicated to comprehensive financial planning, and capable of providing advanced financial planning solutions.
To search for a Registered Financial Planner in your area click on the link below.
Note: For additional information you can visit The Institute of Advanced Financial Planners website.