My RRIF account does not have a large enough cash balance for my minimum annual payment, can I make an in kind withdrawal from my RRIF?

If you hold your Self-Directed RRIF account and a non-registered account with the same financial institution, you should be able to make an in kind withdrawal from your RRIF account. First check with your financial institution to ensure they have the ability to do in kind transactions. You must also ensure that your RRIF account holds sufficient cash to pay any withholding tax and associated fees for withdrawals that exceed the minimum annual withdrawals.

Related Questions