Who receives the income tax information slips associated with a Spousal RRSP?

A person contributing to a Spousal RRSP will receive a contribution receipt for the contributions made in the previous calendar year. They then use the contribution receipt when completing their income tax return.

In most cases, the withdrawals will be recorded in the T4RSP income tax information slip issued in the name of the spouse annuitant. Amounts withdrawn from a Spousal RRSP and to be included in the contributing spouse’s income tax return are to be calculated by the spouse annuitant on form T2205 and included with the annuitant’s T1 income tax return for the year. The T2205 comes with three copies where one copy is to be filed with each spouse’s income tax return for the year of the withdrawal.

Related Questions