Sign Up

Can the subscriber be changed under an RESP?

Yes, a spouse/former spouse can replace the original subscriber in the event of marriage breakdown, if the separation or divorce is recognized by a decree, order or judgment.

It is also possible to change the subscriber after the death of the original subscriber for contracts that permit it and were entered into after 1997. 

Related Questions

Back To Top

Quick Navigation

  1. How to Get Started:


  2. Videos:

    Financial Planning & Budget:

  3. Tools & Calculators:

    Other Resources: