Sign Up

Can an Educational Assistance Payment (EAP) be paid to a beneficiary for fees from a previous semester if he/she is no longer enrolled in school?

Yes, if the RESP plan permits it, beneficiaries who cease to be enrolled in a qualifying educational program after 2007 are allowed to receive EAPs for up to six months after ceasing enrolment, provided that the payments would have qualified as EAPs if they had been made immediately before the student's enrolment ceased. 

Related Questions

Back To Top

Quick Navigation

  1. How to Get Started:


  2. Videos:

    Financial Planning & Budget:

  3. Tools & Calculators:

    Other Resources: