What if I become a non-resident after my HBP withdrawal?

If you cease to be a Canadian resident for income tax purposes, you may be required to repay the outstanding balance of your HBP withdrawal before the date you file your income tax return for the year, or no later than 60 days after you cease to be a Canadian resident, whichever date is earlier. If you do not make the repayment by this deadline, you have to include the outstanding balance in your income for the year that you became a non-resident.

Related Questions