If I leave my current employer and my pension benefit is less than the Pension Adjustments (PAs), do I get my RRSP contribution room back?

Yes, if you leave a Registered Pension Plan or Deferred Profit Sharing Plan before retirement, any lost RRSP contribution room that results will be reversed through a Pension Adjustment Reversal (PAR). The PAR will be added to your RRSP contribution room and it will be recorded in the Registered Retirement Savings Plan Contribution Limit Statement provided by Canada Revenue Agency on your annual statement of assessment.

Related Questions