Back To Preferred
Preferred Share Description
Enbridge Inc. (ENB.PR.P)
4.379% Cumulative, Redeemable, Rate Reset, Series P preferred shares.
Prospectus - September 6, 2012
DRBS Credit Update: July 23, 2018 - DBRS confirmed the Issuer Rating of Enbridge Inc. at BBB (high) and the ratings on the Company’s Medium-Term Notes & Unsecured Debentures at BBB (high), Fixed-to-Floating Subordinated Notes at BBB (low), Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares at Pfd-3 (high) and Commercial Paper at R-2 (high), all with Stable trends.
The confirmations incorporate DBRS’s assessment of ENB’s strong business risk profile, which should benefit over the medium term from its strategic plan to reposition its asset mix to a pure regulated pipeline and utility business model (demonstrated by $7.5 billion of announced non-core asset sales to date) and completion of its current large portfolio of low-risk capital projects, combined with an improving financial risk profile that should benefit from ENB’s more conservative recent funding plan (including the expected $4.0 billion consolidated debt reduction), corporate simplification and the potential for reduced structural subordination at the ENB level over time. The Stable trends incorporate DBRS’s expectation that any incremental investments in new projects would be consistent with maintaining a strong overall business risk profile and medium-term improvement in key credit metrics with the completion of the current large capital expenditure (capex) program.
Dividend Notice: On January 30, 2019, the company announced that the share's annual dividend rate will be reset to 4.379% for the period March 1, 2019 to March 1, 2024. This is an increase from the original dividend rate of 4.00%.
- DBRS Rating
- Pfd-3 (high) Stable Trend
- DBRS Rating Date
- Shares Issued
- Issued Date
- Shares O/S
- O/S Date
- $1.09475 per share per year
- Dividend Dates
- On the 1st day of March, June, September and December
- Dividend Details
- The dividend is fixed until March 1, 2024. On March 1, 2024 and on March 1st every five years thereafter the dividend rate will be reset and equal to the sum of the Government Of Canada Yield (GCAN5YR) plus 2.50%.
- The Series P preferred shares are not redeemable prior to March 1, 2024. On March 1, 2024 and on March 1st every five years thereafter, the Corporation may, at its option, at $25.00, per share, plus all accrued and unpaid dividends.
- Holders of the Series P preferred shares will have the right to convert all or any of their shares into cumulative redeemable preferred shares, Series Q Floating-Rate Preferred Shares on March 1, 2024 and on March 1st every five years thereafter. The series Q shares will calculate and pay a dividend quarterly. The annual dividend rate will equal to the sum of the Government of Canada 3-month T-Bill Rate plus 2.50%. On March 1, 2029 and on March 1st every five years thereafter holders of the Series Q Floating-Rate shares will have the right to convert their shares into an equal number of Series P preferred shares.
- Lead Underwriter(s)
- TD Securities Inc., CIBC World Markets, RBC Dominion Securities Inc. Scotia Capital
- Transfer Agent
- CIBC Mellon Trust Company
- CIBC Mellon Trust Company
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan
- Not available to preferred shareholders.
- Last Updated