Horizons S&P/TSX 60 Index ETF (HXT:CA)
Horizons HXT seeks to replicate, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Total Return), net of expenses.
Horizons HXT uses the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Total Return) as its Underlying Index. The S&P/TSX 60 Index (Total Return) represents the total return of a broad, large cap view of the Canadian marketplace and accounts for approximately 71% of Canada’s equity market capitalization. The S&P/TSX 60 Index (Total Return) is comprised of 60 of the largest (by market capitalization) and most liquid securities listed on the TSX, selected by S&P using its industrial classifications and guidelines for evaluating issuer capitalization, liquidity and fundamentals. The S&P/TSX 60 Index (Total Return) is a market capitalization –weighted index of securities of the Constituent Issuers.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF is a good option for those looking to invest in Canada's 60 largest companies and want the dividends reinvested in the same companies. It has a very low cost because it takes advantage of a Swap-Based ETF model. For an explanation on how this structure differs from other ETF structures click on the first Research Link below.
Because of the ETF's swap-based structure it has virtually no track error and a 0.9999 daily correlation when compared with its underlying index.
Note: Horizons ETF announces unit consolidation for HXT - August 20, 2013.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX 60™ Index (Total Return)
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- September 13, 2010
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.03% Plus 0.00% in Operating expense (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016) - ETF Manager must pay all operating fees. Currently the ETF does not pay any Swap fees to the Swap Counter-party (National Bank of Canada).
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.03% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- None to date
- Distribution Dates
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Tax Efficient
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 107.28% in 2016, 85.65% in 2015, 90.95% in 2014, 86.06% in 2013, 36.41% in 2012, 76.50% in 2011 and 45.95% in 2010
- Last Updated