Vanguard FTSE Canadian High Dividend Yield Index ETF (VDY:CA)
Vanguard FTSE Canadian High Dividend Yield Index ETF seeks to track, to the extent reasonably possible and before fees and expenses, the performance of a broad Canadian equity index that measures the investment return of common stocks of Canadian companies that are characterized by high dividend yield. Currently, this Vanguard ETF seeks to track the FTSE Canada High Dividend Yield Index (or any successor thereto). It invests primarily in common stocks of Canadian companies that pay dividends.
IFM Investment Tip:
The ETF is heavily weighted (62.8%) toward the Financial Sector and the Energy (19.3%) sector.
A few things we like about this ETF
- At 10.21%, it has a very low Portfolio Turnover Ratio, which leads us to believe the fund's professional managers are more Investors than Traders,
- It's distributions to investors did not include a Return of Capital,
- To date, the fund has a very small tracking error when compared with the performance of it's underlying index, and
- It is relatively cheap to own with an cost/expense ratio of only 0.22% in 2016.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE Canada High Dividend Yield Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- November 02, 2012
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.20% Plus 0.02% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.22% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - The Yield was 3.98% for 2016. The distributions did not include any Return of Capital (ROC).
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Semi-Annual with quarterly market-cap adjustments
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 10.21% in 2016, 15.89% in 2015, 9.09% in 2014 & 17.71% in 2013
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated