Vanguard Canadian Capped REIT Index ETF (VRE:CA)
Vanguard FTSE Canadian Capped REIT Index ETF seeks to track, to the extent reasonably possible and before fees and expenses, the performance of a broad Canadian real estate equity index that measures the investment return of publicly traded securities in the Canadian real estate sector. Currently, this Vanguard ETF seeks to track the FTSE Canada All Cap Real Estate Capped 25% Index (or any successor thereto). It invests primarily in stocks of companies in the Canadian real estate sector.
IFM Investment Tip:
As at September, 2017, this ETF was weighted 30.3% toward Industrial & Office REITs, 22.6% toward Retail REITs, 19.5% toward Residential REITs and 11.4% toward Diversified REITs. The largest holdings are RioCan REIT (16.91%), H&R REIT (12.01%) and Canadian REIT (6.63%).
There are a couple of things we like about this ETF
- It has one of the lowest Portfolio Turnover Ratio that we have seen, and
- Its distributions did not include a return of investor capital.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE Canada All Cap Real Estate Capped 25% Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- November 2, 2012
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.35% Plus 0.03% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.38% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 4.88% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments. Note: This ETF does not use Return of Capital (ROC) payments to inflate its Distribution Yield.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Semi-Annual with quarterly market-cap adjustments
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 18.52% in 2016, 6.42% in 2015, 12.59% in 2014 & 27.69% in 2013
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated