iShares Core Canadian Universe Bond Index ETF (XBB:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide income by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the FTSE TMX Canada Universe Bond Index, net of expenses. The Index is a market capitalization-weighted index consisting of a broadly diversified range which may include any or all of federal, provincial, corporate and municipal bonds.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest in a regularly rebalanced portfolio of bonds, selected by BlackRock Canada from time to time, that closely matches the characteristics of the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This Bond ETF seems to have a fairly high portfolio Turnover Ratio, given it's average bond maturity of 10.11 years. For example, the Turnover Ratio was 35.54%, in 2016 - much higher than the estimated Turnover Ratio of 10.20%. The large difference might be indicative of the ETF management's trading style.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE TMX Canada Universe Bond Index
- Asset Category
- Fixed Income Investments
- Average Duration
- 7.33 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Average Maturity
- 10.11 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Date Established
- November 20, 2000
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.30% Plus 0.03% Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.33% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 2.85% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 35.54% in 2016, 34.87% in 2015, 28.97% in 2014, 55.00% in 2013, 74.49% in 2012, 65.71% in 2011 & 47.92% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated