iShares Canadian Corporate Bond Index ETF (XCB:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide income by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the FTSE TMX Canada All Corporate Bond Index, net of expenses. The Index is a market capitalization-weighted index consisting of a broadly diversified range which may include any or all of federal, provincial, corporate and municipal bonds.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest in a regularly rebalanced portfolio of bonds, selected by BlackRock Canada from time to time, that closely matches the characteristics of the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This Corporate Bond Index is heavily weighted toward corporate bonds issued by the Financials (50.40%) sector. For a bond fund it also has a high Portfolio Turnover Ratio indicating the ETF adheres to a more active trading strategy.
We like the fact that the ETF's distributions do not include a Return Of Capital(ROC), making it easier for investors to know their actual yield earned.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE TMX Canada All Corporate Bond Index
- Asset Category
- Fixed Income Investments
- Average Duration
- 6.23 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Average Maturity
- 8.71 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Date Established
- November 6, 2006
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.40% Plus 0.04% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.44% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 3.34% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments. NOTE: This ETF does not make ROC payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 20.31% in 2016, 29.12% in 2015, 40.74% in 2014, 40.74% in 2013, 56.04% in 2012, 37.72% in 2011 & 63.81% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated