iShares Canadian Select Dividend Index ETF (XDV:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the Dow Jones Canada Select Dividend Index, net of expenses. The Index is a strategy index focused on dividend income. The Index is comprised of 30 of the highest yielding, dividend-paying companies in the Dow Jones Canada Total Market Index, as selected by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC using a rules-based methodology including an analysis of dividend growth, yield and average payout ratio.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
With its focus on dividends, this ETF is heavily weighted toward Financials (57.99%). When using this ETF ensure your portfolio diversification remains balanced.
This ETF maintained a relative low Portfolio Turnover Ratio (PTR), which implies the managers follow a Buy and Hold investment approach.
Note: Formerly known as the iShares CDN Dow Jones Canada Select Dividend Index Fund prior to April 14, 2010
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- Dow Jones Canada Select Dividend Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- December 19, 2005
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.50% Plus 0.05% Operating Expense (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.02% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.57% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 4.17% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - toward the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 37.47% in 2016, 27.07% in 2015, 1.76% in 2014, 8.47% in 2013, 25.04% in 2012, 31.39% in 2011 & 23.36% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated