iShares S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index ETF (XEG:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised of constituents of the S&P/TSX Composite Index in Global Industry Classification Standard (“GICS”) Sector 10 – Energy, but excluding GICS Sub-Industries 10102030, 10102040 and 10102050. Individual constituents are capped at 25% weight.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
When selecting an ETF to invest your hard earned savings it is sometime helpful to look at the ETF's tracking error. This measures how closely (or not) the ETF mimics the underlying index. iShares provides a great tool called the Tracking Error Chart, located right under the Performance Chart for the ETF. Simply type in the ETF by name or symbol, select the time period to be measured and click.
Note: This ETF operated as the iShares CDN S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index Fund prior to April 14, 2010.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX Capped Energy Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- March 19, 2001
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.55% Plus 0.07% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.62% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 1.95% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Quarterly - September, December, March and June
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Quarterly - March, June, September , December.
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 146.68% in 2016, 154.10% in 2015, 136.93% in 2014, 76.68% in 2013, 77.44% in 2012, 109.08% in 2011 & 69.10% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated