iShares S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index ETF (XFN:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised of constituents of the S&P/TSX Composite Index in Global Industry Classification Standard (“GICS”) Sector 40, but excluding GICS Industry Group 4040 – Real Estate. Individual constituents are capped at 25% weight.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This is a great ETF for investors that are looking for an investment focused on the Canadian Banks. With 64.28% of the ETF invested in the common shares of Canada's 5 largest banks, this ETF is really an investment in the banks, not the financial sector (which also includes insurance, money management, etc.)
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX Capped Financials Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- March 23, 2001
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.55% Plus 0.06% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.61% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 3.37% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - toward the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Quarterly - March, June, September , December.
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 118.61% in 2016, 80.27% in 2015, 81.24% in 2014, 45.19% in 2013, 87.54% in 2012, 79.16% in 2011 and 59.91% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated