iShares Canadian Government Bond Index ETF (XGB:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide income by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the FTSE TMX Canada All Government Bond Index, net of expenses. The Index is a market capitalization-weighted index consisting of a broadly diversified range which may include any or all of federal, provincial, corporate and municipal bonds.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest in a regularly rebalanced portfolio of bonds, selected by BlackRock Canada from time to time, that closely matches the characteristics of the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
In 2015, this ETF bought and sold 56.16% of its investments, which is a very high Portfolio Turnover Ratio (PTR). This high PTR indicates the ETF is heavily traded as indicated by it's daily rebalancing frequency and the portfolio's high Turnover Ratio.
We do like it's reasonable annual cost and the fact that its distributions includes smaller Return of Capital (ROC) payments than many of its competitors' ETFs,which makes it easier for investors to know their actual investment yield.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE TMX Canada All Government Bond Index
- Asset Category
- Fixed Income Investments
- Average Duration
- 8.24 Years (July 31, 2016)
- Average Maturity
- 11.15 Years (July 31, 2016)
- Date Established
- November 6, 2006
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.35% Plus 0.05% in Operating Expenses. (2015)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2015)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.40% (2015)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2015, the ETF had a yield equal to 2.80% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 56.16% in 2015, 67.00% in 2014, 67.00% in 2013, 78.89% in 2012, 102.84% in 2011 & 58.72% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated