iShares S&P/TSX Global Gold Index ETF (XGD:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX Global Gold Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised of constituents of the S&P/TSX Global Mining Index with Global Industry Classification Standard Sub-Industries 15104030 – Gold. In the calculation of this Index, the relative weight of each constituent issuer is limited to 25%.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers of the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF does not appear to hedge potential currency risks associated with some of the investments it holds. The ETF invests in international gold companies, a number of which trade on the U.S. exchanges in U.S.$s. Their prices are converted into CDN$s at the close of trading, each day. A strong CDN$ may have a negative impact upon this ETF's market value.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX Global Gold Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Priced in CDN$ - Reuters WM London Exchange Rates are used to convert closing prices to CDN$s.
- Date Established
- March 23, 2001
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.55% Plus 0.06% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.61% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 0.00% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Quarterly - September, December, March and June
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 131.73% in 2016, 40.75% in 2015, 41.04% in 2014, 24.76% in 2012, 46.35% in 2011 and 43.31% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated