iShares Core S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (XIC:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised of a selection of the largest (by market capitalization) and most liquid securities listed on the TSX, selected by S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC using its industrial classifications and guidelines for evaluating issuer capitalization and liquidity.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF is designed to provide investors with exposure to 95% of the Canadian equity market in a single investment. The ETF was first established in 2001 and is a good choice for broad exposure to the Canadian stock market.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- February 16, 2001
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.05% Plus 0.01% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.06% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 3.06% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Quarterly - September, December, March and June
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes. Visit ETF Website for details.
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Quarterly - March, June, September , December.
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 23.80% in 2016, 30.52% in 2015, 20.05% in 2014, 30.33% in 2013, 22.33% in 2012, 22.67% in 2011 and 23.08% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated