iShares S&P/TSX 60 Index ETF (XIU:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX 60 Index, net of expenses. The Index is a strategy index focused on dividend income. The Index is comprised of 60 of the largest (by market capitalization) and most liquid constituents of the S&P/TSX Composite Index. Sectors are intended to mirror sector weights of the S&P/TSX Composite Index.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This is one of the oldest and most established ETFs in Canada. If you are seeking to own an investment in the 60 largest companies trading on the TSX Composite index then this is a great option. The Index is managed by Standard and Poors according to set guidelines. This ETF has a very low cost (MER & TER) to manage and provides Canadian investors with an easy way to invest in well established companies.
Unfortunately, it has an extremely high Portfolio Turnover Ratio (PTR).
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX 60 Index - Comprised of 60 of the largest (by market capitalization) and most liquid securities listed on the TSX, selected by S&P using its industrial classifications and guidelines for evaluating issuer capitalization, liquidity and fundame
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- September 28, 1999
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.15% Plus 0.03% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.0% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.18% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 2.81% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Quarterly - September, December, March and June
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Quarterly - March, June, September , December.
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 109.08% in 2016, 88.52% in 2015, 67.08% in 2014, 72.89% in 2013, 71.10% in 2012, 88.45% in 2011 & 54.00% in 2010
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated