iShares Core Canadian Long Term Bond Index ETF (XLB:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide income by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the FTSE TMX Canada Long Term Bond Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised primarily of semi-annual pay fixed rate government and corporate bonds issued domestically in Canada and denominated in Canadian dollars, with an investment grade rating and a remaining effective term to maturity of at least ten years.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest in a regularly rebalanced portfolio of bonds, selected by BlackRock Canada from time to time, that closely matches the characteristics of the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF is balanced daily and as a result this ETF has a very high Portfolio Turnover Rate (PTR).
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE TMX Canada Long Term Bond Index
- Asset Category
- Fixed Income Investments
- Average Duration
- 14.58 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Average Maturity
- 22.67 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Date Established
- November 6, 2006
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.18% Plus 0.02% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.20% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 3.51% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 64.92% in 2016, 51.55% in 2015, 60.32% in 2014, 122.93% in 2013, 152.68% in 2012, 77.27% in 2011 and 78.45% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated