iShares S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index ETF (XMA:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised of constituents of the S&P/TSX Composite Index in Global Industry Classification Standard Sector 15 – Materials. Individual constituents are capped at 25% weight.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF is heavily weighted toward the Metal & Mining (72.46%) and Chemicals (19.18%) sectors of the Toronto Stock Market.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX Capped Materials Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- December 19, 2005
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.55% plus 0.06% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.61% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 1.09% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Quarterly - September, December, March and June
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes Visit ETF Website for details
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Quarterly - March, June, September , December.
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 50.58% in 2016, 41.78% in 2015, 29.38% in 2014, 28.64% in 2013, 26.97% in 2012, 34.33% in 2011 & 38.15% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated