iShares S&P/TSX Capped REIT Index ETF (XRE:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide long-term capital growth by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the S&P/TSX Capped REIT Index, net of expenses. The Index is comprised of constituents of the S&P/TSX Composite Index with Global Industry Classification Standard Industry Code 404020.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest primarily in and hold the securities of the constituent issuers included in the Index in substantially the same proportion as they are reflected in the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF is focused on REITs focused on Diversified REITS (35.19%) and Retail REITS (27.54%). In addition, it's holdings are dominated by two individual REITs - RioCan REIT (17.54%) and H&R REIT (13.54%).
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- S&P/TSX Capped REIT Index
- Asset Category
- Growth Investments
- Average Duration
- Average Maturity
- Date Established
- October 17, 2002
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.55% Plus 0.06% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.61% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 4.56% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes. Visit ETF Website for details.
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 25.27% in 2016, 31.97% in 2015, 18.52% in 2014, 45.61% in 2013, 28.41% in 2012, 17.45% in 2011 & 31.43% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated