iShares Canadian Short Term Bond Index ETF (XSB:CA)
The investment objective of the ETF is to provide income by replicating, to the extent possible, the performance of the FTSE TMX Canada Short Term Bond Index, net of expenses. The Index is a market capitalization-weighted index consisting of a broadly diversified range which may include any or all of federal, provincial, corporate and municipal bonds.
The investment strategy of the ETF is to invest in a regularly rebalanced portfolio of bonds, selected by BlackRock Canada from time to time, that closely matches the characteristics of the Index.
IFM Investment Tip:
This ETF maintains a short average Bond Duration and an elevated Portfolio Turnover Ratio. The bond duration is appropriate give the ETF invests in short term bonds and a portion of the elevated Turnover Ratio can be attributed to bonds maturing and replacement bonds purchased, each year, within the ETF.
- Fact Sheet
- TMX Money ETF Screener
- Morningstar ETF Screener
- Underlying Index/Commodity
- FTSE TMX Canada Short Term Bond Index
- Asset Category
- Fixed Income Investments
- Average Duration
- 2.76 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Average Maturity
- 2.90 Years (September 30, 2017)
- Date Established
- November 20, 2000
- Annual Management Fee
- 0.25% Plus 0.03% in Operating Expenses (2016)
- Trading Expense Ratio (TER)
- 0.00% (2016)
- Management Expense Ratio (MER)
- 0.28% (2016)
- Additional Performance Fee(s)
- Yes - In 2016, the ETF had a yield equal to 2.32% net of Return of Capital (ROC) payments.
- Distribution Dates
- Monthly - at the end of each month.
- Distribution Details
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)
- Yes. Visit ETF Website for details.
- Rebalancing Frequency
- Portfolio Turnover Ratio
- Was 48.05% in 2016, 56.06% in 2015, 44.46% in 2014, 55.24% in 2013, 65.79% in 2012, 60.37% in 2011 7 46.69% in 2010.
- Simplified Prospectus
- Last Updated